Through our network of PES professionals and internal expertise, the Katoomba Group is able to design training materials and programs in a variety of subject areas; both the materials and the programs can be customized to an audience's needs.
Please see summaries of our Past Work for examples of how the Katoomba Group responds to requests for training programs and materials. When approached, the Katoomba Group is able produce a custom PES training solution unique to:
- Audience type,
- Subject areas of focus,
- Level of expertise,
- Geographic interest/ scale, and
- Length of training.
The Katoomba Group develops training materials which fit the needs of Audiences such as:
- Governments and policy makers
- Private sector decision makers
- Financial institutions and funders of PES initiatives
- Communities and rural populations
- Civil society
- PES project developers
Training materials and programs address key Subject Areas in the field of PES, PWS, and REDD+. Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
Katoomba Group training solutions are generated to fit specifications related to: Level of PES Expertise, Geographic Interest, and Length of Training. The result is a unique and targeted training product with maximum impact for end users.
- Climate Change, Markets, and Services: Basics of global warming, carbon markets, payments ecosystem services, reduced emissions from deforestation and degradation, market mechanisms for conservation, key players
- Introduction to REDD and PES: Basics of PES and REDD, role of project design and development, what REDD means to developed and developing nations.
- Political, Legal and Institutional Issues Associated with REDD: International law on REDD, regulatory issues, project governance, benefit sharing, fund management, purchase agreement negotiation and drafting
- Marine and Coastal Ecosystem Services: Introduction to payments schemes in marine environments.
- Communities and PES: Free, Prior, and Informed Consent, assessing social and economic impacts of PES, Social – Environmental Principles and Criteria of REDD.
- Beyond Carbon: Biodiversity, water, livelihood benefits, marine and coastal ecosystem services
- National and Regional Approaches to PES and REDD: Country-focused case studies, trends analysis and PES policy and project guidance
- Getting Started with PES Project Design: Essential elements in design and implementation of PES and REDD projects
- Agricultural Carbon: Regional, national, and international land management practices for conservation on agricultural landscapes
|Level of PES Expertise
||Length of Training
- Central America
- East and Southern Africa
- North America
- Western Africa
- South America
- Southeast Asia
- Scale: local, regional, national, international
- < Week
- Semester (1/2 academic year)
- Full academic year
For more information please contact Tommie Herbert, Program Associate, The Katoomba Group at therbert[at]forest-trends.org.